Ranch and Outdoor Expeditions Your Boy Will Love
Oasis Boys Ranch helps young boys step outside of time, unplug from negative distractions, and wholly live each new day connected to God and His glorious Creation with their distinctive outdoor experiential expeditions and education program.
Here, young boys ride horses to a lake or creek to fish, accompanied by experienced staff who teach them important survival skills. With safety as the #1 factor in outdoor learning, we train boys to leave no trace behind at campsites or trails, and we always avoid camping trips in bad weather or other dangerous conditions.
Working together to survive while camping, troubled boys begin to build trusting relationships with staff and each other. Back at base camp, routine tasks like gathering eggs, working with horses, and chopping wood for indoor cabin fireplaces let boys consider their place and purpose in the world. And as the healing power of the great outdoors unlocks memories of trauma, and brokenness, mentors encourage each troubled boy to see who he can become the man God created him to be!
Young troubled boys learn academically in the Our Lady of the Rosary homeschool curriculum, accredited by NISAC. Additionally, they study both on campus and during expeditions. Furthermore, boys also attend Roman Catholic church services nearby and take part in daily prayer sessions on campus.
Back to the Basics!
During the wilderness learning program, up to 10 boys live in rustic log cabins at our base camp, where you’ll also find chicken coops, a horse pen, and semi-off-grid power and water supplies.
With our ranch and outdoor expeditions, young boys also learn fun things, like:
- wilderness survival techniques
- horticulture (grow food plants in a garden in summer)
- learning to fish, and set traps for food
- caring for chickens, horses, other ranch animals
- cutting wood for heat
- hiking safely on nearby mountain trails
- packing horses for 3-4 day camping trips
- making a tent and a successful camp site
- keeping nature clean
Go Green and Grow!
Oasis Boys Ranch is designed as a ‘geothermal green’ campus, where boys and staff members adapt to an 1800’s ‘off-grid’ lifestyle. We keep solar electric power working at the base camp at all times.
Now Climb the Next Mountain Through our Ranch and Outdoor Expeditions!
Our goal is to:
- Introduce troubled boys to new environments and foster an appreciation for the natural world and respect for animals
- Challenge individuals through the use of physical and mental activities
- Promote good communication skills that can be transferred to participants’ everyday life
- Teach constructive interaction with others through the use of role modeling and activities.
- Enhance self-esteem and confidence through the use of individual-focused activities
- Foster responsibility through individual and group-based activities
- To develop a strong sense of self, including strengths and limitations
- To be respectful to self and others
- To develop a relationship with God
- To enhance conscious awareness
- To increase taking responsibility for own action
- To improve how he values himself, including protection from assault or exploitation
- To increase motivation for moral, wholesome adolescent activities such as school, family, work, peer relationships, and extracurricular activities
The program at Oasis Boys Ranch is built to be a unique alternative to traditional methods of behavioral treatment. Our outdoor program helps teen boys reconnect with the natural world and establish a personal foundation that is rooted in Christian values and principles. Located in the mountains of Wyoming, our beautiful cattle ranch is home to a program that gives them a better way to live life.